TIME TO TALK
and listen, and think, and reflect, and see more clearly
Every day I meet people who talk about how their lives have been influenced by the 2016 election and its aftermath.
Folks have told me:
- they're stressed, tired, depressed, anxious
- they're struggling with relationships that have long been important to us and are now troubled
- they’ve turned a corner and have pretty much checked out
- they just “can’t deal with the constant drama and seemingly endless stream of bright shiny objects.”
- Some have told me, they just don’t understand what any of the fuss is about.
I think it's time talk...and listen...and try end understand one another, and maybe even ourselves.
Toward this end, I invite to join me for
- one -on-one conversations
- group discussions
- specific politics, politicians, or even policies.
- changing minds, converting beliefs or arguing positions.
- therapy (though they may feel therapeutic!)
They are an effort to hold space and create opportunity for people to
- speak freely about their personal experiences in these politically heated and socially challenging times
- identify both challenges and insights over the last 8+ months
- explore relationships between the personal and the social (including the political) and how we’re navigating them
- consider and see clearly our own beliefs and values (and ways they’ve been challenged and/or supported over these months);
Ultimately, the intention is to
- facilitate communication and understanding among and between persons regardless of political position and point of view
- clarify our own beliefs and values and how they are shaped by and shaped our everyday lives, the culture in which we live, and the politics of our time
- raise awareness about the ways each of us, day to day, either reinforces or challenges the dominant beliefs, ideas, and ways of being
If you’d like to participate or would like more information about how to participate, upcoming events and activities, send email to email@example.com in the subject line write "Time To Talk"
All voices welcome!
Seeking participation from people across the full political spectrum.
If you know others who might like to participate, PLEASE SHARE this invitation.