An Invitation to Participate –Life PE (post election)
Every day I meet people who talk about how their lives have been influenced by the 2016 election and its aftermath.
Folks have told me:
- they're stressed, tired, depressed, anxious
- they're struggling with relationships that have long been important to us and are now troubled
- they’ve turned a corner and have pretty much checked out
- they just “can’t deal with the constant drama and seemingly endless stream of bright shiny objects.”
- Some have told me, they just don’t understand what any of the fuss is about.
I think it's time talk...and listen...and try end understand one another.
Toward this end, I invite to join me for
- one -on-one conversations
- group discussions
These conversations are NOT about
- specific politics, politicians, or even policies.
- changing minds, converting beliefs or arguing positions.
- therapy (though they may feel therapeutic!)
They are an effort to:
- provide space and opportunity for people to speak freely and honestly personal experience related to politics of this day
- identify primary challenges and key insights encountered over these seven months
- explore relationships between the personal and the political, and how we’re navigating them
- encourage reflection and clear seeing about our own beliefs and values (and ways they’ve been challenged and/or supported over these months);
Ultimately, the intention is to
- facilitate communication and understanding among and between persons regardless of political position and point of view.
If you’d like to participate – even think you might like to participate, or you just want to learn more about this invitation and project, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All voices welcome!
Seeking participation from people across the full political spectrum.
If you know others who might like to participate, PLEASE SHARE this invitation.